For: Children in grades kindergarten through 6th grade.
When: Wednesdays at 6:30 pm until 8:00 pm.
The Gospel Project is a Christ-centered Bible study program that looks at the big picture of God’s story — the story of redemption through Jesus Christ. Through the years kids will follow a chronological timeline of Bible events and learn how each story, from Genesis to Revelation, points to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Kids will learn through:
- Dynamic presentation of the weekly Bible lesson showing how it points to Jesus and fits into the “Big Picture” of God’s redemption story
- Fun, interactive, age-appropriate table activities and leader-guided small group discussions
- Weekly scripture memory accompanied by key doctrines (“Big Questions”) from each lesson, with opportunities to memorize at home and/or at club and to earn incentives
- Optional simple take-home activities for families, designed to reinforce the lesson and prompt further discussion and application of truth.
The evening program will consist of the following activities:
Small Group Discussion of Lesson
Activities to reinforce the lesson content
2. Opportunities for Measured Progress
To encourage the students on their journey of spiritual growth, BGBKids has plenty of tools:
Travel Pack - to haul what you’ll need for your journey
Field Journal - to record your discoveries along the way
Truth Passport - to track your Bible memory work
Sweet Gear & More - collect stamps in your passport for memory work and earn prizes
3. Tools for Parents
In God’s kingdom, parents are commanded to be in charge of training their children in the truth of God’s Word. BGBKids can’t take your place! There are several ways parents can use the BGBKids club as another tool in spiritual training.
Take home activities are encouraged but not required. Each week kids who attend will bring home:
- A letter to parents explaining what kids learned that week, along with any important announcements
- Weekly “Big Picture” cards sent home with each child with that week’s key doctrine (“Big Question” and answer) for memory, plus an explanation of how the lesson points to Christ
- “A Family Journal” page that details the passage studied and key lesson points, scripture memory verse, and a simple family activity to enforce learning and encourage discussion and application at home.
Note: There will be no BGBC provided transportation this year.