Spiritually Vital are the main community small groups of Battle Ground Bible Church. 8-12 people meet in various homes around the community. This is the best way to get connected within our church.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF A SMALL GROUP?
To intentionally develop spiritually according to his/her giftedness in the context of loving, accountable relationships.
HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS?
Through two non-negotiables of any small group:
• Mutual ministry to one another
• Multiplication of leadership
Through the development of quality disciples who exhibit the following characteristics:
• Abides in God’s Word
• Involved in reaching the lost
• Having a heart for God and God’s people
WHAT ARE OUR RESPONSIBLITIES?
• Participate in the corporate worship & ministry of BGBC.
• Make an intensive effort to discover your God-given gifts & employ your gifts for the edification of the group.
• Arrive on time for all small group meetings, service projects & outreach events.
• Complete assignments & come to meetings prepared to participate.
• Build meaningful relationships with other members of the group outside scheduled meetings.
• Open one’s life to others by being honest, transparent, & teachable.
• Support the leadership of the small group leader.
• TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR GROUP!
Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way
into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body,
joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped,
when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that
it builds itself up in love.